Wow, what a ride! In the last six weeks, I have:
- Totally rocked SOBCon09: Biz School for Bloggers!
- Presented on accessible recreation with SPARC BC (Social Planning and Research Council of British Columbia) at the BC Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) Symposium
- Enjoyed the YWCA Women of Distinction Awards as a nominee!
- Fulfilled my Treasurer’s duties at SPARC’s Annual General Meeting and resigned (for now) from the Board.
- trekked to Harpo Studios in the rain and was nearly within patting distance of Oprah’s puppy Sadie. I even have proof!
- been stuck in Batman’s bathroom!
- remembered one friend, and
- reunited with another after dealing with a doorless bathroom.
Now, I am completely and totally drained. I am eagerly looking forward to a summer break! I’m looking forward:
- to laying in bed until mid-morning (or beyond), guilt-free, with the gentle breeze drifting in and my mind wandering.
- to summertime reading, including Pam Slim’s Escape from Cubicle Nation, which I began on the plane to Chicago. Imagine a business book that is actually funny! (Thanks Pam for the kind mention on page 130!)
- to finding the top of my desk and other buried corners of my home,
- to reclaiming the deck from the weeds, once the painters have finished this end of the building (Is it too late to plant pansies and petunias?), and
- to, most importantly, reconnecting with my sorely neglected husband and enjoying more views like the one below while on adventures around Vancouver:
“Summer’s here and the time is right
For dancing in the street.”
What are your plans for enjoying this summer? Or, if you are a friend from the southern hemisphere, this winter?
If you enjoyed this post, consider buying me a cafe mocha. Thanks kindly.