In the last two years, you have generously fed 160 people in need a Christmas dinner by buying “The Best of The Left Thumb Blogger” ebook to support the Union Gospel Mission’s (UGM) Christmas Campaign.
I’d like to ask again for your help with feeding warm Christmas dinners to those who are truly in need, those who are struggling to find enough food to eat and a warm place to sleep.
This year, rather than compiling selected blog posts into an ebook and selling it for a fixed price with the proceeds going to the UGM, I’m offering a list of selected posts with a ChipIn Widget – enabling you to read the posts and make a donation, if any, comfortable for you. (Click the orange “ChipIn!” button to securely donate via PayPal.) Donations will be accepted until Tuesday, December 21st midnight (pacific time).
Why these particular posts?
These ones chronicle a journey I have been on for the past few years: from “non-verbal” to speech impaired to well-traveled speaker, with the occasional insight along the way.
- Firsts Expand Our Comfort Zones So Dreams Are Reachable
- The Cost of Transitioning from Silent to Verbal
- The Gift is Within
- Words Shape Our Reality
- Verbal Communication: More Than the Written Word Spoken Aloud
- Making the Impossible Possible – Not Always Perfect or Pretty
- A Lesson Learned from Roger Ebert
- The Apple iPad: Finally an Affordable Augmentative Communication Device, But Is It Accessible?
- The iPad as an Affordable Communicator: Initial Review
- The iPad as an Affordable Communicator: A Follow-up Review
- Don’t Believe Everything You Read, Write Your Own Truth
- Giving an Award-Winning Speech on my iPad
Happy reading and thank you.
Merry Christmas.If you enjoyed this post, consider buying me a cafe mocha. Thanks kindly.