Wow, what an incredible night for Canada! Figure skaters Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir made history by winning the first ever gold medal in ice dance for Canada, for North America!
I held my breath during their amazing program; more nervous than they were. Watching them skate their flawless performance, I wondered what music kept them motivated on their journey to the Olympic Gold? Which songs repeatedly got them out of bed and kept them practicing when their bodies didn’t want to go any further?
I then thought of the songs that keep me going, striving for my gold. and came up with this list:
1. Never Give Up On Dream by my fav Rod Stewart
2. John Parr’s St. Elmo’s Fire (Man in Motion)
3. Tina Turner’s Simply the Best – who isn’t reenergized after this one?!
4. Whitney Houston’s One Moment in Time
5. Peter O’Toole’s The Impossible Dream (The video’s audio isn’t the greatest quality.)
Which songs keep you striving for your Olympic gold – whatever that may be? What is your Olympic soundtrack?If you enjoyed this post, consider buying me a cafe mocha. Thanks kindly.