In an earlier post, I shared how authors can create lists on Amazon to increase their bookâ€™s exposure and, in theory, to increase their Amazon Best Sellers Ranking.
This list-creating fun isnâ€™t limited to only Amazon authors. Amazon readers (i.e., anyone with an Amazon account) can also partake in the fun.
Perhaps you have a list of favourite inspirational books. Or the ten books youâ€™d want if ever stranded on a desert island. Or the most useful entrepreneurial books. Or the books every teacher/doctor/professional should read about <insert disability or issue>. Or whatever. Iâ€™m sure you get the idea. Andâ€¦you donâ€™t need to have purchased the book from Amazon; it only needs to be available on Amazon.
Go wild and see how many lists you can create! (Aim for 10 books or more per list.)
Here are the instructions directly from Amazon on how to create a Listmania list:
- Visit your Profile page and log into your account if requested.
- Click the "Edit Your Profile" button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click the "Lists" tab in the Contributions section of Your Profile.
- Click the "Create your first one now" link or "Manage your Listmania Lists" link if you already have existing lists.
- Provide the requested information for your list and click the Preview button to review your list and Publish list when you are finished.
You will be asked to enter the following information:
- Name Your List: Enter a friendly title for your list.
- Your qualifications: Your qualifications should be a description of why you’re an expert in the subject of your list.
- Introduction: You can add an optional introductory paragraph to describe the list.
- Add a product: This is the core of your list! You can add anything from the product listings on Amazon.
For fun, I recently created the list â€œMy Friends Who Are Authorsâ€:
- Barefoot Water Skiing, From Weekend Warrior to Competitor by Karen Putz
- Small Town Rules: How Big Brands and Small Businesses Can Prosper in a Connected Economy by Becky McCray and Barry J. Moltz
- Escape From Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur by Pamela Slim
- Two Empty Bedrooms, One Woman’s Journey of Frustration, Hope and Joy Through Foster Parenting and Adoption by Michelle Vandepas
- The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise? by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
- Lizzie : Lethal Innocence (Book One of Lizzie Series) by J. Robert Whittle
- Blogwild! by Andy Wibbels
- ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Chris Garrett and Darren Rowse
- Online Community Management For Dummies by Deborah Ng
- I’ll Do It Myself: Cerebral Palsy Can’t Stop Me by Glenda Watson Hyatt
(By no means is this a comprehensive list of all of the books written by my friends. Please take no offence if I have missed your book. Please let me know, in the comments below, your title on Amazon and Iâ€™ll be sure to add it to the list.)
What lists can you come up with? (Tip: If you have a book on Amazon, be sure to include it on your list, near the bottom. This creates an internal link to your book page, which Amazon likes.)
Have fun with it and feel free to share the link to your list(s) in a comment below.
To keep up with my adventures, musings and insights, be sure to subscribe to DoItMyselfBlog.com.If you enjoyed this post, consider buying me a cafe mocha. Thanks kindly.